General Information

Q: How can I check my grades online?
A: Students can always view their academic records online through eServices@VCU, a password-protected service. Through this site, each student can access all of his or her student records at VCU, including registration information, financial aid, student billing and transcripts.

Q: How do I register for classes? (on-campus and online processes)
A: After discussing course selections with their academic advisors, continuing rehabilitation counseling students can register for most courses through the eServices@VCU site. Some courses, however, such as Internship, require in-person registration; advisors must sign those registration forms before students take them to the Sanger Hall Student Services Center.

Q: How do I get a VCU e-mail account?
A: From the VCU home page, click on the “Web Mail”link (in the upper right-hand corner).  From that VCU Webmail page, there are links for creating an account, changing your password and other Webmail functions. For a direct link to Webmail, click here.

Q: How do I get a Blackboard account for online courses?
A: From the VCU home page, click on the “Courses” link near the upper right-hand corner; from the Courses page, click on the “Blackboard” link, and follow the links for HELP and FAQ. To go directly to Academic Technology’s Blackboard Help page, click here.

Q: Who can I contact when I have computer problems?
A: VCU’s Academic Technology Help Desk is available by calling (804) 828-2227 or you can access their Web site. Students should be sure to have their VCU ID numbers handy when calling or submitting a support request online.

Q: How can I protect my computer against viruses?
A: VCU has a site license for Sophos’s Anti-Virus software which is available for download at no cost to VCU students, faculty and staff for use on university and home computers. You can find information and download the software from this Academic Technology Web page. Be sure to perform regular “live update” downloads of virus definition files, preferably daily.

Q: How can I gain access to VCU Libraries online?
A: From the VCU home page, click on the “Libraries” link or you can go directly to the VCU Libraries’ home page. For instructions about connecting to theVCU Libraries click here for their list of tools.

Q: How should I request reasonable educational accommodations for my disability?
A: Contact the Disability Support Services Office at (804) 828-9782 (voice) or (804) 828-4608 (TTY), or visit their Web site.

Student Resources Links